Did you know that learning a new language not only increases your chances of working abroad but also exercises your brain to the point that your problem-solving and critical-thinking skills are enhanced?
If you learn a foreign language such as Japanese, your chances of getting a job in Japan or with a Japanese company are quite high. Japan is on the lookout for foreign talents to hire due to its chronic labour shortage caused by its ageing population. So, if you have ever dreamt of working in Japan, we highly recommend that you learn the Japanese language. It will only take you a few months and voila! You will be on your way to the Land of the Rising Sun.
Learning a foreign language is quite crucial and beneficial for natives living outside their country. With a large number of careers demanding the knowledge of at least one international lingo, choosing the Japanese language can set you apart from the crowd. Training yourself in learning Nihongo can prove to be an asset to your career while also uniquely stimulating your learning abilities.
Taking the Japanese-Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) in India
The JLPT is a standardized criterion-referenced test that sets benchmarks and certifies you on your learning proficiency of the Japanese language. Held and administered by the Japan Educational Exchange and Services (JEES) in Japan and by the Japan Foundation overseas, the test is considered an important one, guaranteeing you several benefits while also being considered mandatory in some cases. So can you take the JLPT in India? The answer is yes, and the process is quite simple. Listed below are some important pointers that can help you maneuver your way into taking the JLPT from India.
Here are some things you would need to know about the Japanese-Language Proficiency Test:
- The JLPT is held twice a year in the New Delhi center in India.
- It comprises 5 levels between N5-N1, with N5 being the easiest and progressing in the difficulty level towards the N1.
- It is valid for life and is recognized all over the world.
- The test takes place in July and December respectively.
- Online applications for the July slot starts in May and applications for the December slot starts in August.
- Applications are considered on a first-come-first-serve basis, so make sure to apply for your JLPT test as soon as you can.
- JLPT centers in India can be found in the cities- Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, Chennai, Bengaluru, and Shantiniketan (West Bengal).
- Registration fees for the JLPT come up to INR 1,500 (inclusive of taxes).
- Test Format and a comprehensive break-down on the different levels
The written test is computed out of 180 marks. Between N1-N5, it tests Vocabulary, Grammar, Reading and Listening while the N1 and N2 levels place emphasis solely on Vocabulary, Grammar and Reading. To pass the test, one needs to score both- (1) the minimum overall score and (2) the minimum sectional score. The exam comprises MCQ questions that are graded by a computer system, and not by hand. There is no Speaking skills evaluation made by the JLPT.
Requirements of Registering for JLPT Exam:
- List of documents required for the online application – Before drafting your application, it is crucial to keep your documents handy to complete your application as soon as possible. Keep a scanned valid ID proof (Aadhaar card, PAN Card, Driving license, etc.) along with a scanned copy of your passport size photograph. Make sure to read and follow the image specifications before uploading your photo.
- Sign up on the official website and confirm your email address and telephone number.
- Open up the form, fill in your details and make the payment.
- Upon filling up the form, you will receive a Transaction number. Be sure to keep this number safe as this is extremely important for your application to be considered.
- Once you have initiated the payment and your application has been received you will get an e-receipt on your email. Keep a printout of this for your future reference.
- We hope we have cleared all your doubts on this, in case of any further query, feel free to get in touch with us.
Who can help you for Clearing JLPT Exam?
There are many online and offline Japanese language classes or courses you could take to learn the Japanese language. Japanese language institutes such as AKAL Japanese Academy in Delhi provide expert guidance in learning Japanese language and culture. Through their course, not only will you learn the Japanese language but you will also get insights into the fascinating cultural heritage of Japan. Moreover, they will assist you throughout the visa processing and help you in finding a suitable job.
So, what are you waiting for? If you want to study or build your career in Japan, you need to show a certain level of expertise in the Japanese language and Japanese-Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) is a must to certify that.
We will leave you here with our best wishes.
Sayonara for now!